We are looking for a talented and hard-working individual with a minimum of Three to five years’ experience in Data Acquisition / SCADA services area to support consulting work with Customized Energy Solutions India Pvt Ltd (CES). The Data Acquisition Services team is responsible for the bulk of the Real-Time Information that flows to/from CES’ customer locations. Much of this information is processed by the Siemens PowerCC EMS System installed at CES. The Siemens EMS also interfaces with many internal systems at CES to provide settlements data as well as receiving pricing and customer input information from Internet facing WEB applications, such as CES|GOLD.
The position we seek to fill will assist in the day to day support of CES’ SCADA system, and will also support new projects where CES installs data acquisition systems at client locations.
Examples of specific responsibilities include:
Development / setup of RTU installations at client locations.
Adding RTU connections / data points / one line displays / general support of CES’ PowerCC SCADA system
Management of Data Acquisition Services related client projects, including project scoping, cost estimates, invoicing, and general project management activities
To effectively fulfil this role, the SCADA Project Consultant needs to possess:
- Advanced knowledge of SCADA systems and specifically their use in the electrical generation and demand response and smart grid industry.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electronics or Computer Science.
- Strong analytical reasoning skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be self-directed as well as work well with others.
- Desire to help grow Customized Energy Solutions’ revenues and profitability.
- Should be available for 24×7 operations centre support with possible on call.
- Should be willing to travel (although travel expected to be less than 30%)
Additional experience and skills that would be considered beneficial:
- Experience with the following Remote Terminal Unit communications protocols
- Distribute Network Protocol (DNP 3.0) TCP/IP and Serial
- IEC 60870-5-101 and IEC-60870-104
- Modbus Protocol TCP/IP and Serial
Experience with the following Master Station communications protocols:
- ICCP (IEC 60870-6/TASE.2)
- Experience with Serial (RS-232 and RS-485) communications
- Experience with Network communications (TCP/IP, MPLS, Cellular, etc.)
- Experience with Tunnelling protocols (IPSec, L2TP, PPP)
- Experience with Encryption protocols (AES128, AES256, SSL)
- Ability to work on Firewalls and Routers.
- Understanding of Power Systems.
- Programming Capability in VBScript and JAVA Script.
- Understanding of windows machines and servers including Cluster Management.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and performance. This opportunity is based out of our Pune, Maharashtra, India.